Tuesday, April 13, 2010









people often ask me what inspires me. as you can see, i am an avid collector of all things 1950's. i spend every opportunity hunting for lovely old junk; china, fabric tins, games. there is something wonderful about this period, a vibrance and optimism, fun and quirkiness. it doesn't take itself not too serious.
my poor husband, who i am sure would prefer the minimalist look has grown to except my "collections"
the down side; dusting uck!!
our chickens"dolly and marshmallow" are also a constant source of delight, they have created a little patch of country in our backyard.

2 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Hello, yes I love the fifties too for all the same reasons. Some lovely pics. xx

Vero Kraemer said...

Everything is soooooooooooo lovely, your things, your designs, I just love you blog!!!
Take care
Vero